Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Skillz Game

I missed the first half hour of the skillz game, but once I sat down, I played my first hand and hit a wheel. Hm, this might go good.

Fast Forward 2 hours. I have a good stack and we're on the points bubble. I have a pair and an 8 lo facing an aggressive opponent (wolfshead) with 3 spades and 3 to an 8 lo showing. I decide to call down since he might just be aggro-betting either side. He turns up a Straight Flush Wheel obv.

From there I have to nurse a short stack once we get into the points. I raise and take down a pot with a pair of 9s on third street, then get it in with Q-T-4 of clubs. 3-way all in vs. wolfshead who had an 8 lo draw and scurvydog who had a 6 lo draw. Scurvydog made a 7 lo, but I had the high hand lead with a pair going into seventh... and wolfshead makes a 6 hi straight on 7th obv. No Money, but more points as I went out in 17th.

Tonight is The Mookie. Over/Under on # of people is set at 140.

-Kenny

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I lost a 12k pot to a pair of 6's...only had half a deck and a dozen!

lightning36 said...

Damn, Stud is tough when the blinds get so large.

I choose the under.