Thursday, August 7, 2008

Update: NYRPS #11 Results and 3rd in the Mookie

Because of Commitments to things other than Online Poker (Yeah, I'm Shocked Too), I couldn't really promote NYRPS Event #11, which was Limit Hold 'Em. However, thanks goes out to cemfredmd for pimping it in his blog, and to Blyght for making the CP Post. lightning36 wound up taking it down for his first NYRPS win, with mondogarage taking 2nd. I'll post results probably after event #12, because I'm still kinda rushing around.

Last Night I made another Mookie Final Table, my second in 3 weeks. I came in as the Short Stack, but changed that quickly when, as #7 in chips, I take out the Short Stack with JJ. The entire Final Table I was constantly poking at pots, and getting involved. AJ vs Mookie no good, but AJ vs surflexus is goot. (Obviously I was ahead of Mookie and behind surflexus when the money went in). I was one card away from having a big chip lead going Heads Up with Waffles, but drewspop hit his 5-outer on the river. Boooooooo. Not too long after that, I race with Waffles to double up but His AK spikes a bullet on the turn to shoot down my sevens. 3rd is my best Mookie Finish, but I really want to win this tournament one day. Maybe Next Week. :)

-Kenny

1 comment:

lightning36 said...

Too bad we had to butt heads against each other toward the end instead of doubling up at the expense of the big stacks. So ... you grab the last of my chips and go to the final table short stacked. I walk away to get something to eat, return ... and you've got a monster stack. What a great recovery!

Congrats for cashing. I actually won the second Mookie I played. Haven't won once since, although I have come close several times.