Thursday, August 7, 2008

Connecticut School of Broadcasting (Non-Poker Post, tl;dr)

www.gocsb.com

That's the website that leads to the Connecticut School of Broadcasting. After flunking out of College (I blame Poker), I needed a new life plan. I decided to enroll in here. But first I had to "audition". The Audition was Tuesday.

After the Head Guy at the Westbury Campus of CSB was done with his lecture, they decided to do the 'auditions' based on the order that the 10 of us that came out for this tour arrived in.

<~~~ #1. ****.

So I go into the Radio Studio they have set up and I do my "Radio Read", which is basically just reading 2 paragraphs and seeing how your voice sounds. I think I did very well, and I found out today that Marty (the head guy) loved it as well. BOOOOOOOOM!

Then came the TV. I had to read off of a Teleprompter. ****. I stumbled a bit, but afterwards Marty told me he wrote the script that way on purpose.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOk.

So today I called back to get the results. Marty said he loved everything about the Radio Read... "The TV was a different story". Rut Roh.

But it wasn't in a bad way, he just mentioned that I sounded different in the TV (nerves obv). He said my distinct Brooklyn Accent came through in the Radio (which has pros and cons, apparently) and in the TV I had the voice they were looking for (See: Iowan). He also said that the Camera likes me...... WAT?! I always thought that my looks made Steve Buschemi look like Matt Damon! Ok then...

So he finally says that I've been accepted.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

I go down there again next Monday and discuss payment plans (ugh) and that school (training) will start on September 15.

New Life, Here I Come!

Next Post will be a Poker Post, I Promise.

-Kenny

1 comment:

DubsPoke said...

Congrats and good luck!