Thursday, August 14, 2008

Mooooooooooooooooooookie TAKEDOWN!

Finally! I take down my first Blogger Tournament, and it's in the King of all Blogger tournaments, The Mookie. I was playing really tight early on because of a 32K deep run (42nd) but once that was done I turned on the engines. I came into the FT as the Chip Leader, and the blinds were quite high, so the Action was fast and furious. I lost a big pot to Mike_Maloney when my set of 7s was turned by a straight from Mike's 9-8. However, I regained my chips by taking KQ against DrewFours and hitting a K to crack his Pocket 7s. Then, A-9 Sooted is good over the A-J of KngofKngs when the flush comes. Heads up, I picked up KK and got it in against Mike on a 5-5-4 board, Mike had 7-6 off... no 3 or 8 in sight and I grabbed the Mookie Title and the $200 first prize!

Check out Mookie's blog in the coming week to read all about it!

-Kenny

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Mike Maloney said...

Nice takedown. I guess I deserved to run into KK heads up after hitting that straight against you earlier.

lightning36 said...

Big Congrats, Rambler.

SirFWALGMan said...

good job man.

jjok said...

just catching up.....congrats man.

Shrike said...

Very belated congrats. Always fun playing with you.

-PL