Wednesday, October 22, 2008

$4K Guaranteed Final Table

After picking up a ton of chips early when a Nut Flush held vs. Top Set and Second Nut Flush, I sorta-kinda cruised to the Final Table. On the Bubble, I doubled up from 12BBs with Nut Full House vs. Trips. That was the last time I was All-In until my last hand.

This was what the Final Table looked like. FT Pro Andy Black was the FT Bubble Boy, as you can tell by the chat box.

About 5-10 minutes into the Final Table, I find A-A-5-3 with the nut spades. UTG Chip Leader raised 3x, and I potted him from the BB. He called, we took a flop of T-9-5 rainbow, I pot it and he shoves over. He might have me drawing slim with TT or 99, but I think QJ or KK is a more realistic possibility. I call, and he has KQTT. HGIOEHGIOEHG.

I get bounced in 8th place.It did feel good to run so well in my 4th strongest game (behind NLH, Limit Hold 'em and Limit Omaha 8). The few times that I've played this tournament I seem to run pretty well.

And it also feels good to post about poker again. Also pulling off a Final Table tonight was Loretta8, who took third in the $20 1R/1A over on PokerStars for about $2000. And Lucko21 is back to his winning ways after taking down the $21K Guarantee on Full Tilt last night.

Tomorrow is The Mookie, and there seems to be a slight mistake this time around; It went from a $13 buy-in to an $11 buy-in. Basically it's $8 + $2 for the KO bounty + $1 rake. Hm.

And Thursday is the NumbBlowMe Dime Rebuy Tournament. Shove Every Hand in the first hour!

-Kenny

No comments: