Tuesday, November 24, 2009

So I Made a Final Table...

I woke up early Sunday Morning (fail) and decided to see what kind of tournaments were running over at FTP. I had a $26 token in my account, so I used it to buy in to the $15K Guarantee tournament that started at 10AM.

5 hours later, $379 score for 9th place.

I ran a crappy bluff when we were down to 15 or so... I tried a blind steal with Q4o, was called by the BB (LPP). Flop was K hi with 2 diamonds. He checked, I c-bet and he snap called... it was here that I put him on a FD. Turn was a blank, he checked, I fired again repping the K, he snapped again. River was a blank that completed a backdoor straight, he checked again... I shoved and covered, and he tanked then called with KJ. oops.

I nursed a short stack from that point on, made the Final Table with about 6BBs, and was the SB, found 74s, shoved into AT, flop was AT7... turn gave me a flush draw, but I missed on the river.

Since then, I am now at a point where I can practice good bankroll management and play the blogger tournaments adhering to those rules (first time in a long time lol)

I want to play 1/2 limit O8 or Stud 8, but there's never anyone playing... So i stick to $25NL, and tend to be the most aggro player whenever I play, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I dropped a little less than 2 buy-ins last night, mostly by getting it in with draws and missing... however, I hope that variance can kick in and allow me to do better.

I'll probably be posting more poker content on here in the future, as I found more motiviation to do well.

-Kenny

1 comment:

OhCaptain said...

Nice score! Way to roll a token into cash.