Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Summer Update: Post-TOC, Vegas, Still Running Good

Okay, I haven't posted since I won my 10k seat for the WSOP... Here's my tl;dr journey since then.

Like the other guys who won the TOC, I took the 10k in T$ on Full Tilt. I really needed the money to help me and my family, so it was a great thing to have. I withdrew $7500 in cash and kept $2000 on Full Tilt.

It's been helping me play Poker without fear of going broke, which is always something that has loomed over my head. $200NL is now my new home, both Live and Online. I'm now playing more MTTs and with the proper bankroll management that I have never used before. I recently took 2nd in a $5 2 rebuy/1 add-on tournament on Stars for $4800+.

Now to the Vegas part. I planned the Vegas trip anyway, but with the new money, I was able to play a little looser than I usually do. I wound up dropping $800 in total, which wasn't too bad. Plus, I got to meet Al, lucko, LJ and stoner when Lucko was making his WSOP run. But for the most part, I hung out with my usual gang that includes Nik Santi, et al.

I spent most of my time in Vegas at the Venetian card room, playing 1-2NL, 4-8 Hold 'em and 4-8 and 8-16 HORSE. Also played a lot of Pai Gow and especially Baccarat, as the strategy in baccarat is just have a deep enough roll to play where you bet player every hand and double your bet if you lose. The largest bet I made using this strategy was $800. That was when I was starting out at $25 bets.

I've been playing The Mookie, and lately, the Tuesday Spewday, on a semi-regular basis, and as i've said, the various MTTs and $200NL.

I'm gonna TRY to keep the blog more up to date, but I can't promise anything.

-Kenny

No comments: